Old Hickory TN
A client in the Old Hickory area is seeking a PowerBuilder candidate for a contract engagement. This contract has the potential of running up to 2 years. The client is willing to consider candidates with other skills, who have the willingness to learn PowerBuilder and train them on that software.
• Identify end user requirements, translate the requirements into program specification, and the subsequently, develop, test and install the code
• Develop and maintain software written in PowerBuilder 10 with some additional code development with VB.Net, C# and ASP.NET
• Perform maintenance on Oracle and SQL Server databases
• Manage PLC and lab equipment interfaces to the clients shop floor applications
• Assist end-users with computer-related system issues to help troubleshoot root causes of errors
• Manage formal source-control and testing environments
• Barcode label development using Bartender software
• Manage work orders in Track-it
• Train end users on the proper use of the systems, fix data problems and monitor system interfaces
• Two or more years of applicable manufacturing system experience
• Development skills with Microsoft Visual Studio (VB.NET, C# or ASP.NET)
• The ability to manage multiple projects / priorities
• Software development experience with PowerBuilder
• Experience with Excel VBA
• Experience with Bartender software
• A minimum of a two-year Associates degree in a related field of study; a four-year degree in computer science, math or a related field is preferred
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our Salaried and W-2 employees. 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.