Quality Assurance Analyst II
A local client is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst II for a permanent position.
This individual, with supervision of others will be responsible for the quality and of releases by participating in the testing lifecycle. This includes analyzing business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, and assessing current functionality with partnership with application leads and supervisors.
• Responsible for test suite creation, test planning, test case creation, manual system testing, execution and possibly creation of automated tests, and incident investigation for projects with the support of QA Leads, or QA Management
• May have a responsibility to support applications and act as a QA Lead, providing guidance, reviews, and delegation of tasks with the support of QA Management
• Develop test plans/procedures including test methods such as, functional, system tests, regression and/or integration per project request based on project specifications with the assistance of QA Leads, and/or Quality Assurance Management
• Researching system error reports for all systems supported; research involves determining root cause of problem, locating all affected data, correcting affected data where appropriate and notifying others of the need for any system operation tables found to have caused the system issue
• Prepare and present their findings to all business owners in writing and orally to assist the business owners in determining the best corrective action to be applied to the system
• Assist the development staff in recreating incidents so they can correct the incident should a programming error be the cause
• Review project requests to determine the estimated time needed, the correct test plan, and test cases required to validate the requested functionality with the QA Leads and/or QA Management
• Conduct meetings with Quality Assurance Management to discuss testing projects prior to test initiation to ensure a full understanding of project specifications and complete coverage of the project specifications
• Develop both manual and automated (with partnership of Software Test Engineers) regression testing to provide a benchmark for testing and to aid in review of all system operations to ensure they continue to operate as desired
• Update job knowledge through their work with other QA Analysts, QA Leads, and Quality Assurance Management on system test assignments; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; developing and maintaining personal networks and participation in professional test organizations
• 2-4 years of IT QA experience
• Ability to manually test programming changes and/or system enhancements to validate intended functionality and the integrity of the system
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally issues encountered during test or during an incident investigation with development staff, business owners and end users
• Proficient in the use of a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Windows, Excel)
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and balance quantity and speed with the quality of work required
• Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages
• Prior experience in the auto insurance industry
• A College degree or equivalent experience
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.